A definite treat for a citrus lover!
Ingredients for cake:
– 13 Tbsp. (about 185 gm) unsalted butter, softened to room temp + more for greasing the pan
– 3 Tbsp. milk
– 3 eggs
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups cake flour
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 3/4 tsp. baking powder
– 2 Tbsp. grated orange zest (1 large orange should be enough)
Ingredients for glaze:
– 1/3 cup orange juice
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 2 Tbls. triple sec, or other orange liqueur (since I don’t use alcohols, I replaced it with 2 tsp orange zest)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Generously butter a 1-lb. (which is standard) glass loaf pan and set it aside.
3. Zest the orange
4. Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together. Set aside.
5. Stir the flour, sugar, and baking powder together to combine.
6. Toss in the orange zest and incorporate it in. (I used my hands to rub it in.. You can use your stand mixer, if you wish.)
7. Toss in butter, tablespoon by tablespoon until it’s completely incorporated. It will resemble little crumbs. (I did this by hand too..)
8. Slowly pour in the egg mixture and mix until just combined. (I used a fork to gently stir it in..)
9. Pour the batter out into your prepared pan and bake at 180 C for 55 – 60 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
10. When the cake is done, cool it in the pan for a few minutes. While it’s cooling, make the glaze.
11. Put the sugar, orange juice, and orange liqueur/orange zest in a heavy-bottomed pot and whisk over medium/high heat until the sugar dissolves.
12.Bring the mixture up to a boil, whisking often.
13. Boil the mixture until it’s reduced by about half. It should be thick and syrupy.
14. Poke holes in the cake with a skewer and pour the glaze over the warm cake and brushed it evenly over the cake.
Cool the cake to room temperature before slicing!
For a more detailed recipe, check source here:http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2010/02/22/orange-pound-cake/